ONLY LOCAL DC (MD, VA) AREA RESIDENTS WILL BE REVIEWED
If you want to take pride in the work you do, be valued for your contributions to the team effort, have a lasting career in construction, be inspired every day, and have fun with your colleagues, HSU Builders may be the place for you. HSU Builders is a commercial construction company that has proudly served our nation's capital for more than 20 years. Our project portfolio includes work at highly secure and recognizable landmarks, such as the White House, the Pentagon, and the Smithsonian Institution, as well as work for some of our area's leading commercial businesses and nonprofit organizations.
For more information, go to: www.hsubuilders.com or www.facebook.com/hsubuilders. HSU has been named to the 2016 list of "Best Places to Work" in Greater Washington by the Washington Business Journal in the Medium category.
The essential role of this position is to:
Oversee, manage and direct all aspects of the field operations of the project from beginning to end. Complete project on schedule, within the budget, and with highest quality of workmanship.
1. Manage projects in the field.
2. Provide leadership, establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff.
3. Demonstrate a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the general contract, each subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and work with the Project Manager on the development of the on-site procedures.
4. Work with the Project Manager on the development and refinement of the project schedule.
5. Help plan and review quality control procedures, safety and security practices, equipment and manpower.
6. Maintain a daily job site log.
7. Manage subcontractors in accordance with project plan and schedule.
8. May self-perform miscellaneous carpentry (blocking, casework, doors & hardware, toilet partitions and accessories, fire extinguishers, etc.) and other tasks as determined by the Operations Manager and as necessary to expedite timely completion of a project.
9. Serves as a liaison between field and office staff.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Expert knowledge of construction processes and procedures, equipment, tools and materials.
2. Experience in blueprint reading.
3. Knowledge of safety regulations in construction.
4. Ability to maintain records, prepare reports, and conduct correspondence related to work.
1. 5+ years’ experience as a Project Superintendent in the Construction /General Contractor industry. Thorough knowledge of construction trades and services performed on a GC project.
2. Ability to work with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner.
3. Certifications in: OSHA 30 hours, Construction Quality Control, First Aid and CPR.
4. Computer literacy.
5. Excellent communication with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and associates.
6. Solid multi-tasking and relationship-building skills.
7. Professional appearance at all times.