ONLY LOCAL DC (MD, VA) AREA RESIDENTS WILL BE REVIEWED
General Contractor is seeking a Safety Officer to join our team. This person will provide expertise to Project Management, Superintendent and Quality Control Manager for the implementation of company and client safety policies by establishing and managing a safety plan that meets or exceeds all current standards. Must have or be able to obtain secret level of security clearance.
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive, site specific Health and Safety/Accident Prevention Plan.
2. Provide supervision of safety performance, qualifications and programs on a project level.
3. Participate in progress meeting(s) to present the company safety plan and policies and explain implementation and standards on the project.
4. Must have a strong working knowledge of OSHA and 29 CFR guidelines.
5. Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
6. Conduct accident investigations on the job site and reporting of near misses.
7. Review, interpret and provide direction and compliance on safety regulations and standards.
8. Monitor company and subcontractor safety performance.
9. Conduct tool box talks, project audits and safety inspection.
1. Must have 7+ years' experience in the construction industry with 5 years as a safety officer
2· Extensive knowledge of OSHA Federal, State Health and Safety regulations and reporting procedures.
3. Knowledge of AHA.
4. Knowledge of EM-385.
5. Ability to perform in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
6. Proven ability to oversee safety for small to mid-size construction projects, with the ability to drive excellence focusing on safety and improvements of processes.
7. Mentoring, excellent written and oral communications skills and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required.
8. Must be capable of conducting safety meeting to all levels of management, subcontractor(s) and client(s).
9. HAZMAT abatement experience preferred.
10. Must have current OSHA 30 certification.
11. Past experience working on projects as a safety officer for the federal government (preferably DoD).