ONLY LOCAL DC (MD, VA) AREA RESIDENTS WILL BE REVIEWED
If you want to take pride in the work you do, be valued for your contributions to the team effort, have a lasting career in construction, be inspired every day, and have fun with your colleagues, HSU Builders may be the place for you. HSU Builders is a commercial construction company that has proudly served our nation's capital for more than 20 years. Our project portfolio includes work at highly secure and recognizable landmarks, such as the White House, the Pentagon, and the Smithsonian Institution, as well as work for some of our area's leading commercial businesses, schools, and nonprofit organizations.
The essential role of this position is to:
Effectively manage and execute assigned projects to include effective communication with superintendents, clients, and sub-contractors to ensure projects meet designated timelines and budgets.
1. Plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish.
2. Organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner
3. Ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
4. Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
5. Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports. Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored properly.
6. Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
7. Determine needed resources from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
8. Identify, track, manage and resolve project issues.
9. Chair progress meetings with Clients.
10. Prepare subcontracts and purchase orders.
11. Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Proven experience as construction project manager. Well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures, and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
2. In-depth understanding of construction procedures, and material and project management principles.
3. Familiarity with quality standards, and health and safety requirements.
4. Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
5. Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
6. A team player with leadership abilities.
7. Familiarity with Project Management systems such as Timberline, Procore, CPM Scheduling.
1. Preferred but not required: Degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited University.
2. PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage.
3. 3+ years of experience in Governmental and/or Commercial Contracting, with a local General Contractor.