ONLY LOCAL DC (MD, VA) AREA RESIDENTS WILL BE REVIEWED
If you want to take pride in the work you do, be valued for your contributions to the team effort, have a lasting career in construction, be inspired every day, and have fun with your colleagues, HSU Builders may be the place for you. HSU Builders is a commercial construction company that has proudly served our nation's capital for more than 20 years. Our project portfolio includes work at highly secure and recognizable landmarks, such as the White House, the Pentagon, and the Smithsonian Institution, as well as work for some of our area's leading commercial businesses, schools, and nonprofit organizations.
The essential role of this position is to:
Assist in preparing pricing estimates on new projects and estimating prices on change orders on existing contracts. Participate in projecting and controlling construction costs by collecting and studying information.
1. Confer with a broad range of technical, professional and managerial personnel as well as consultants and contractors to coordinate and establish a detailed cost estimate.
2. Help prepare detailed cost estimates for all phases of construction. Participate in estimating all necessary labor, materials, buyout items, equipment costs to prepare a thorough estimate. Exercise good judgment and experience in working with purchasing, labor, equipment and transportation costs to arrive at a full cost estimate with appropriate profit margins to achieve Company's goals.
3. Participate in developing of cost evaluations relating to design and documents, contract drawings, specifications or contract changes.
4. Read and understand job bid instructions and detailed specifications. Prepare material takeoffs from construction project design drawings to assist in the creation of complete project material lists that include everything needed for the installation phase of the projects. Contribute to meeting project performance metrics for timely completion of material takeoffs, minimizing custom materials, project quality, and project cost.
5. May be asked to prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
6. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
7. Maintain continuity among work team members by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored properly.
8. Support activities led by estimator to improve labor and material estimates.
9. Prepare and maintain estimating schedule.
10. Attend pre-bid job walks to get a good idea of the project.
11. Participate in post-construction meetings on each job to provide feedback to the team and the estimating staff.
12. Effectively work on multiple projects at a time.
13. Receive and review drawings for compliance and submit to the architects any RFIs during the bidding session.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings.
2. Strong computer skills: including Microsoft Excel, Project Scheduling, Timberline.
1. A satisfactory combination of education and experience.
2. 1+ years of progressively responsible experience in the construction industry.