ONLY LOCAL DC (MD, VA) AREA RESIDENTS WILL BE REVIEWED
If you want to take pride in the work you do, be valued for your contributions to the team effort, have a lasting career in construction, be inspired every day, and have fun with your colleagues, HSU Builders may be the place for you. HSU Builders is a commercial construction company that has proudly served our nation's capital for more than 20 years. Our project portfolio includes work at highly secure and recognizable landmarks, such as the White House, the Pentagon, and the Smithsonian Institution, as well as work for some of our area's leading commercial businesses, schools, and nonprofit organizations.
The essential role of this position is to:
Primarily responsible for estimating construction projects which includes providing new bid setup, issuance of bid documents, tracking subcontractor responses, keeping subcontractor database up to date, bidding all construction divisions, keeping estimating statistics, and pricing change orders.
1. Primarily responsible for estimating projects. Prepare estimates by taking off assigned scopes of work. Acquire understanding of the requirements of the project/program at hand. Select metrics to produce valid estimates.
2. Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties.
3. Select advantageous deals by evaluating offers and quotes.
4. Analyze data and produce forecasts. Perform risk analysis.
5. Work with Operations to ensure a complete understanding of the scope of work.
6. Review specifications and drawings. Visit sites to gather essential information, attend pre-bid meetings, to determine and prepare scopes of work and required contents of various budgets, pre-con proposals, and hard bids.
7. Ensure sufficient subcontractor coverage for each and every bid.
8. Prepare bid general conditions and review with operations before bid submittal.
9. Assist with pricing change orders if required.
10. Maintain and track bid results for those projects you propose on.
11. Foster relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, architects).
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Proven experience as construction estimator.
2. Thorough knowledge of Federal Government procurement methodology including hard bids, IDIQ and various task order type contracts.
3. Working knowledge of the Design-Build process.
4. Thorough knowledge of Metro Washington DC subcontractors. Ability to work with subcontractors during bids.
5. Excellent computer skills. Construction software knowledge.
6. Ability to generate take-offs.
7. Ability to understand bid job instructions and detailed specifications.
8. Strong communication and analytical skills.
1. BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering from an accredited University or comparable Work Experience.
2. 5+ years progressively responsible in the construction industry in the estimating field.