ONLY LOCAL DC (MD, VA) AREA RESIDENTS WILL BE REVIEWED
General Contractor is seeking a Safety Manager/Superintendent to join our team. Must have or be able to obtain secret level of security clearance.
The essential role of this position is to:
Oversee, manage and direct all aspects of the field operations of the project from beginning to end. Complete project on schedule, within the budget, and with highest quality of workmanship.
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive, site specific Health and Safety/Accident Prevention Plan.
2· Provide supervision of safety performance, qualifications and programs on a project level.
3· Participate in progress meeting(s) to present the company safety plan and policies and explain implementation and standards on the project.
4· Must have a strong working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
5. Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
6. Conduct accident investigations on the job site and reporting of near misses.
7. Review, interpret and provide direction and compliance on safety regulations and standards.
8. Monitor company and subcontractor safety performance.
9. Conduct tool box talks, project audits and safety inspections.
10. As a superintendent, effectively oversee construction and subcontractors in directing and supervising field staff in accordance with project plan and scheduled compliance.
11. Efficiently manage the work flow to successfully achieve project completion on schedule and on/under budget.
1. 5+ years’ experience as a safety officer in the construction industry.
2. 10+ years’ experience as a construction superintendent.
3. Extensive knowledge of OSHA Federal, State Health and Safety regulations and reporting procedures.
4. Knowledge of AHA.
5. Knowledge of EM-385.
6. Proven ability to oversee safety for small to mid-size construction projects, with the ability to drive excellence focusing on safety and improvements of processes.
7. Mentoring, excellent written and oral communications skills and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required.
8. Must be capable of conducting safety meetings to all levels of management, subcontractor(s) and client(s).
9. Must have current OSHA 30 certification.
10. Past experience working on projects as a safety officer for the federal government (preferably DoD).